Scholarships & Awards
One of the purposes of The Edward D. Herndon Legacy Foundation, Inc. is to recognize high academic achievement within the student body of Northeastern Academy. When there is no student who meets the criteria during a given school year, funds are reserved for the following school year.
- annual $3,000 scholarship
- graduating Northeastern Academy senior who exhibits character, high academic achievement and leadership
- student will attend a SDA college or university and major in Theology and/or Secondary Education
The student should:
- be recommended by school administration
- submit a one page essay describing his/her interest in theology and/or secondary education as a life-long career
- interview with Foundation member(s)
This award is announced annually at Graduation.
Need Based Grants
Awarded in consultation with Northeastern Academy administration and based on the following:
- student is currently enrolled at Northeastern Academy for at least 3 months
- student is not a previous Grant recipient
- student account must be 3 months of more in arrears
- proof of hardship - parent/guardian letter to the Foundation; other proof may be required
The Oratorical Contest is held annually and open to students at Northeastern Academy in grades 10-12. Monetary Levels of Awards are presented to 1st Place to Honorable Mention categories. Certificates of Leadership are presented to each awardee.
For more information, please complete the form below and a member of the Foundation will contact you.